It all started yesterday. Boy what a day. I put big boy undies on Nathan and set a timer for 30 minute intervals to remind myself to ask him if he needs to pee or poo. I tried to keep him by my side throughout the day, as much as I could. But wouldn't you know the second he would run off to another room, he'd pee, and then later, poop. Between cleaning up after Nathan, and Brayden's abnormally "spit uppy" day, I was done and ready for a shower.
But today...today was success! We did the undies all day and 3 times Nathan peed in the potty! I know this is strange to post, but I'm beyond proud of him so I have to share.
The 1st time... I saw Nathan clinching his undies with a worried look on his face, so I grabbed him and we ran to the bathroom. I had Nathan hover over the toilet (teaching him the stand and pee way), while I coached him on. After about 20 mins of standing there, it finally happened! And so what if only about a third actually made it in the toilet! The wall, floor, and I hate to share this, and yes, Brayden in the other room, fell victim to his bad aiming. No worries, everyone and everything got a scrub down.
The second time...after a 20 minute coaching, a nude Nathan said "it's not working"... so we ceased our efforts and I headed to the kitchen for something. Two minutes later I hear..."Mommy! I peed in the potty, I did it!" I ran fast and sure enough, he did it all on his own! This time about 1/2 made it in the potty. Brayden was with me this time, thank goodness.
The final time...Daddy was home, and Nathan wanted to show off what he could do. 20 minutes later and with a unconvinced Daddy... it finally happened. And I'm very happy to say, it all made it in the potty this time!!! Yay for Nathan, Yay for me...
And then 20 minutes later Nathan pooped his pants. One step at a time...



1 comment:
that's so AWESOME!!! I have heard that potty training is one of the hardest things we will have to do/teach as moms. And boy, I believe it!
Post a Comment