Sunday, May 30, 2010

Our weekend thus far...

Friday night Ben watched the boys so Mommy could have a girls night. Six of us Mom's enjoyed a nice dinner at a Japanese steakhouse and then went to see Sex and the City 2 movie. It was a fun night.

On Saturday I spent the morning cleaning and Ben worked the cruise ship. That night we took the boys to a Jacksonville Sun's baseball game. After only 5 mins of being there Nathan had already asked for a hotdog, fries, ice cream, and cotton candy. We stopped at ice cream. Brayden clapped every time someone cheered and Nathan found his voice and loved that he could yell things as loud as he could and not get in trouble for it. I think they had a great time. Later, as I laid beside Nathan in bed and we discussed the day, I asked him what his favorite part was. Out of the whole day, Nathan's favorite part was yelling "Charge" at the baseball game. Out of all the fun things we did at that game (bounce house, obstacle course and playground for the kids, ice cream etc.) he picked that. Something so simple. I guess it's the little things that count.


Today we woke up early to Nathan in our room stating he was ready to go to Monkey Jungle "Have" Funtime Pizza (like a Chuck E. Cheese but nicer). So that's what we did. I don't know what it was but Nathan was drawn to the broken games. There wasn't even that many that were broken but he'd find them and want to play them. He was also adamant about trying out the massage chair but I managed to distract him with another game. Nathan and Brayden both had a good time but as they got hungry we figured we'd head out for some lunch. As we were loading up the car we heard a loud crash. We looked up and saw that a man had run into the back of a parked car. (How does that even happen?) Next the man throws his truck in reverse and races out of the parking lot. I grabbed Nate and Brayden and moved to the curb as Ben jumped in the car and drove after him. The kids and I waited by the car that was hit. Needless to say, Ben led the police to guy who did it. In the mean time the owner of the car showed up and was very grateful for Ben's help. After it was all said and done I was so pumped. I told Ben that was so exciting for me. The most drama I ever have is running out of baby wipes and not realizing it until I'm in the middle of changing a poopie diaper. Overall another fun and exciting day. I can't wait to hear what Nathan says his favorite part of his day was tonight when I tuck him in.

No comments:

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones