This week and last the boys and I had to say good-bye to two very special friends, Soren and Emmery, and their families.
Soren came into our lives 2 1/2 years ago. A friend of a friend asked if I'd be interested in watching a little baby boy for a couple of months until a nearby daycare opened. Ben and I talked it over and I decided to go for it. Little did I know how much this little baby would bless our lives and fill our hearts with love and laughter. Nathan had an instant pal. He loves Soren and often acted like his big brother. He teased him like a big brother, but more so, he looked out for him and the two of them would laugh and play the day away. 2 ½ years later I find myself fighting back tears as Soren walked out the front door for the last time. He and his family are moving 5 states away. One awesome thing though, their moving to Maryland, just 1 hr away from where my parents live. So at least 2 times a year we’ll get to visit him.
Sweet Emmery arrived in our lives just 6 months ago. Emmery is about 2 weeks younger than Brayden but that didn’t stop her from taking charge. She taught Brayden a lot; how to walk, how to talk. The two of them were so much fun to watch. They were best of pals! Although Emmery’s been with us for less time than Soren, she still managed to steal our hearts. She too, blessed our lives and filled our hearts with love and laughter. We'll miss her spunk and her hugs. Emmery and her family are off to Houston.
We will miss them both and their familes and feel so lucky to have had them in our lives. We wish them all the best and are grateful for all the great memories.
Here are a few photos that highlight their time here…



No comments:
Post a Comment